Comparison of PvE and PVP environments
From Naval Action-pedia
A Comparison of the PvE and PvP Game Environments
- PvE (Player Versus Environment) means that ALL combat opponents will be AI (Artificial Intelligence) opponents
- PvP (Player Versus Player) means that players will face human players as well as the AI
On the PvE Server
- It's a somewhat peaceful environment and a safer place to learn
- The emphasis is on
- honing one's combat skills against AI opponents
- exploring this beautifully rendered game world
- mastering the challenges associated with the navigation, trade, and production aspects of the game.
- No human player can target another human player
- This doesn't mean that two humans might not team up against an AI ship and manage to hurt (or possibly sink) each other during the battle
- No AI ship or port of any nation will initiate combat with a human player
- No Ports will ever change ownership. Port raids are not allowed in PvE.
- Smuggling becomes trivially easy.
- Players interested in a single player experience where other players can only help you should choose this server.
On the PvP servers
- The training wheels are OFF
- There is Large-scale conquest environment with player vs player battles raging everywhere from the lower Antilles to French Louisiana.
- You are at risk everywhere and can be attacked by other captains.
- You can capture any ship you want and sail any vessel you like if you have the proper rank requirement.
- AI vessels and ports of other nations may initiate combat.